Yes, We’re Open!
What You Need To Know
As each business in our community is responding differently to our state’s safer-at-home mandate, we recognize that it can be a bit confusing to keep track of what services are still available to you during this time.
We’ve also increased the number of appointment times available! Please call us at 720-279-9471 to schedule your pet’s appointment. Due to the high volume of rescheduled appointments being booked at this time, we are currently forward-booking for wellness exams. If your pet is past due for a visit or will be due soon, please call us sooner rather than later to schedule their appointment!
NOTE: We are still seeing all appointments on a curbside basis until further notice. We kindly ask that you wear a mask to your appointment and remain in your vehicle. Please park in one of six numbered curbside care parking spaces and text 303-732-8288 when you arrive.
What are we treating right now?
- Emergency care
- Spay and neuter procedures
- Wellness exams
- Dental procedures and treatments
- Life-sustaining care
- Eye, ear and skin issues (including allergies!)
- Orthopedic issues
- Behavioral issues such as anxiety
- Acupuncture & laser treatments
- Routine vaccine administration
- Puppy/kitten vaccination series
- And many more!
These are uncertain times for everyone, but please remember that pets are not immune to injuries, parasites, and other communicable diseases during this time. Be sure to continue to keep your pets up-to-date on vaccines (especially rabies) and continue monthly heartworm, flea, and tick prevention to help keep them safe and healthy.
Walking your dog may be the bright spot of your day, especially when so many of us are sheltering in place. But remember: Spending time outdoors also means an increased exposure to parasites, which are more active this time of year!
If you aren’t sure whether you should bring your pet in to see us, please call us at 720-279-9471.
What To Expect At Your Visit
When you arrive at Aspen Arbor Animal Hospital, please park in one of the two designated areas to the east of the building. If these spots are not available, please park directly in front of the building. Call (303) 423-6021 and inform the staff of your name and pet’s name and what you are here for (an appointment vs. medication refill vs food pick up). Let them know the make/color of your car and where you are parked (East vs. South side of the building).
- For standard exams/appointments:
- A staff member will meet you at your vehicle and ask you questions related to your pet’s visit. At this time, we will also ask you for your direct contact phone number. This is how we will communicate with you during the exam process. An Aspen Arbor Animal Hospital team member will place a “slip leash” on your pet (if a dog) and take the pet to an exam room or the treatment area. If you’re bringing in a cat, please have them in an escape proof cat carrier.
- The veterinarian or veterinary nurse will contact you throughout the exam to discuss any concerns you may have, diagnostics, treatments, estimates, medications, or other information involved in the appointment.
- At the end of the appointment, one of our team members will call you to collect payment while your pet is brought back to you!For Surgery Drop-offs/Pick-ups:
- A staff member will come out to your car to chat with you during the drop-off. You will be given a final estimate for the procedure to sign.
- The surgery team will contact you and coordinate a pick-up time for your pet.
- Please call our office at (303) 423-6021 when you arrive to pick-up and a veterinary nurse will come out with your pet to discuss any discharge or follow-up instructions.
- At the end of the appointment, one of our team members will call you to collect payment while your pet is brought back to you!
- For Boarding Guests
- Please fill out all paperwork prior to arriving. All paperwork can be found here. Boarding Documents. If you’re not sure what forms you need for your pet’s stay, please call us at (303) 423-6021 and we’ll help!
- A staff member will come to your car and collect your pet’s belongings and all paperwork. They will also ask questions related to your pet’s stay. Our team member will then take all your pet’s belonging back to our boarding area. When they return, they will place a slip leash on your pet (if a dog) and take them to out boarding area. If you’re boarding your cat with us, please make sure they are in an escape proof cat carrier.
- When you arrive to pick up your pet at the end of their stay, please follow the same instructions by calling us when you arrive at the hospital. One of our team members will bring your pet’s belongings to your car. Some one will call you to collect payment while our boarding team member retrieves your pet!
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer special pick up and drop off services during this time. As soon as the current situation is resolved, we will be able to offer this service again.
- For Medication Refills and Prescription Diets
- We encourage you to request medication through our Online Pharmacy during this time.
- If you’d rather pick up at our veterinary hospital, please call our main phone line at (303) 423-6021.
- A text message will be sent to you when your pet’s prescription is ready for pick-up.
- Please call our office at (303) 423-6021 when you arrive to pick up the medication and a staff member will bring the medication out to your car and collect a form of payment.
Please know that the health and safety of our clients, staff, and patients will always be our top priority. We thank you for your patience and flexibility as we all work together to navigate this uncharted territory.
Your Aspen Arbor Family
During this time, we are encouraging our clients to practice social distancing by purchasing your pet’s prescriptions, preventatives, and prescription diets from our online pharmacy. When you do, the purchase is automatically documented in your pet’s medical record, and the product’s guarantees stay intact. That’s not always the case when you buy online without a direct veterinary relationship at sites such as 1-800-PetMeds, Fosters & Smith, Chewy.com and the like.
Our VetSource online pharmacy works hand-in-paw with us to make sure your pet gets exactly the medications he or she needs, and with their convenient AutoShip option, shipping is FREE on all orders.
If you have questions about ordering medications, prescription diets, or other products, please don’t hesitate to call us at (303) 423-6021.